Idiom of the Day
on the face of it
from the way that something looks, superficially, on the surface
On the face of it, it looked like the speeding car had caused the accident.
1. Mix 1 teaspoon fresh juice of mint (pudina) leaves with 1 teaspoon lemon juice & 1 tablespoon honey. Take 3 times a day.
2. Boil a mashed ripe banana in 1 teacup milk & take 2-3 times a day.
3. Mix juice of 15-20 tender curry leaves (kadi patta) with 1 teaspoon honey & drink.
4. Take 1 tablespoon black cumin seeds (kala jeera) and roast them. Mix in another tablespoon of black cumin seeds (unroasted) and powder them finely. Take ½ teaspoon of this powder with a glass of water everyday.
5. Wash 2-3 dried figs (anjeer) very well & soak in a glass of cold water overnight. Have it first thing in the morning. Similarly have figs in the evening that have been soaked in the morning. Have them for 2-3 weeks for good results. It is effective in ordinary as well as bleeding piles.
6. 3 teaspoon of the juice of the leaves of bitter gourd (karela) mixed with a glassful of buttermilk taken every morning for a month is a good remedy for piles.
7. The juice of radish (mooli) or consuming fresh radish is very effective. The juice should be given in doses of 60-90 ml morning & evening.
8. Take ½ teaspoon each of powder of dried pomegranate flowers (anaar daana), poppy seeds (khuskhus) & dried neem leaves, twice a day with milk for bleeding piles.
9. Consuming buttermilk after food is very beneficial in the treatment and eradication of piles. Mix ¼ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain) powder & rock salt (white) to your buttermilk. Precaution : Constipation should be avoided as it leads to an aggravation of piles.